Welcome to Susan Hanger's Website.
There are times when we all feel our world is not as it should be, times of anxiety and depression are just few areas we now openly talk about, thus we now go looking for answers to issues that we are facing on daily base that once lay under the surface.
For this reason the goal of my Counselling Service is to provide an early intervention and preventative approach to maintaining health and wellbeing for the individuals, couples and families. In a non-judgmental or confidential setting, and a genuine caring safe environment where one can openly talk and identify the concerns that are being un- productive at this point in the lives of my clients. This results in helping the clients in moving towards increasing personal insight and improving self-confidence. Thus with counselling clients now have new life skills in reshaping the emotional, psychological, physical and spiritual aspects to their health and wellbeing enabling clients to view their world with new eyes.
My practice helps couples to be able to move towards each other in their relationship rather them feel that they are on their own in this relationship but new view to relating to the feeling that there are two loving and respectful people in the relationship.
The days of Counselling being an advice giving service is long, also the view it being a sign of weakness – It has been shown that it is very wise to ask for assistance when struggling with personal issues. It is actually a sign of strength not a sign of weakness.
There has been new research in the areas brain, psychological along with the ongoing studies in the area of Mental Health that have shown that Counselling has become a supportive service that allows a client to gain understanding by self-exploration of their emotional issues.
Counsellors are not judgemental, we do not judge nor direct you, the client to take a certain course of action, but will help you to find a better way to deal with your situation and to make your own decisions.
My Counselling practice is based on the many lessons I have endured through my own life and those around me whether they are adults, teenagers or children.
Through this experience and the fact that I went back to study to further my education in this field, I am now in a position, through Counselling to guide clients to a place of assurance and confidence for their own healing and moving forward in the struggles they are experiencing in their lives.
- A helping approach that highlights the emotional and intellectual experience of a client, how they are feeling and what they think about the situation being presented.
- Helping the client to see their issues more clearly, sometimes from a different perspective which can help the client to start changing their behaviours, create new goals and ultimately move on with more confidence.
- A relationship of trust. Confidence and trust are most important in the counselling relationship.
Counselling is not:
- An Advice giving service. Counselling is a supportive service that allows a client to gain understanding by self exploration of their emotional issues.
- Judgemental. Counsellors do not judge nor direct you, the client to take a certain course of action, but will help you to find a better way to deal with your situation and to make your own decisions.
- A sign of weakness – It is very wise to ask for assistance when struggling with personal issues. This is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength.
Please feel free to browse this website to learn more about me and my counselling service. You can ask any questions via the contact form.