Welcome to Susan Hanger's Website.
The goal of my Counselling Service is to provide an early intervention and preventative approach to maintaining health and wellbeing for individuals, couples and families.
The client will find my Counselling sessions to be in a non-judgmental or confidential setting, a genuine caring safe environment. This will enable the client to openly talk and identify the concerns that are being un-productive at this point in their lives. This results in helping the clients in moving towards increasing personal insight and improving self-confidence.
The aim in Counselling is to find new life skills in reshaping the emotional, psychological, physical and spiritual aspects to their health and wellbeing enabling them to view their world with new eyes.
- A helping approach that highlights the emotional and intellectual experience of a client, how they are feeling and what they think about the situation being presented.
- Helping the client to see their issues more clearly, sometimes from a different perspective which can help the client to start changing their behaviours, create new goals and ultimately move on with more confidence.
- A relationship of trust. Confidence and trust are most important in the counselling relationship.
Counselling is not:
- An advice-giving service. Counselling is a supportive service that allows a client to gain understanding by self-exploration of their emotional issues.
- Judgemental. Counsellors do not judge nor direct you, the client to take a certain course of action, but will help you to find a better way to deal with your situation and to make your own decisions.
- A sign of weakness – It is very wise to ask for assistance when struggling with personal issues. This is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength.
The goal of my Counselling Service is to provide an early intervention and preventative approach to maintaining health and wellbeing for the individuals, couples and families.